Go to next post
I cannot interview well!
Ok, So you know you could do the job hands down, probably over most candidates in the room, but you are just not getting offered the job. Is this because you just don’t interview well? For nearly everyone when we think of going to an interview we know we have to be confidant and basically sell ourselves. Now this may come naturally to a lot of people but for those that are introverts this can cause a problem.
So how can you get through the interview stage to get in and do the job and show off your talents?
1. Remember you do not have to blow in like a massive bubble of excitement and drama to be good at every job (probably just if you wanted to be on stage, which as an introvert is unlikely!)
2. Be prepared to talk about yourself. As awkward as it may be, practising on someone you feel comfortable with (friend, family member) can give you that extra bit of confidence to know what you are going to say.You don’t have to be the biggest bubbliest loudest person in the room to show you can do the job. Just a certain level of self belief that you are the right person for the job can come across in a quiet and reserved way too.
3. If you are in a job currently where you can take in examples of your work to show off your work and almost allow your work to talk for you and to take the focus off an endless face to face meeting this would be a good idea too. For instance if you are a web designer have your laptop or printouts of work you have done.
4. Research about the business you are going to be interviewed by. Being prepared and not looking like a rabbit caught in headlights is a must. You cant get caught out if you know what you are talking about!
5. Make sure you feel as good as you can about yourself. Clean clothes, ironed and tidy, well groomed can also go a bit of a way to make you feel more positive about yourself.
6. There is also every chance that the person interviewing you was once in your shoes. So even if they seem in control now, they may well remember what it was like to be you.
7. Remember why you applied for the job. You believed you can do it!
- See more at: http://www.allthetopbananas.com/blog/article2_I-cannot-interview-well#sthash.TgSChP1F.dpuf